Vision & Mission
The Mission of the institute is
- To provide for and promote education in the fields of engineering and technology.
- To collate and disseminate in such fields, effective ideas, methods, techniques and information which are likely to promote the material and industrial welfare of India.
- To train young men and women eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information.
The institution aspires to accomplish the mission by:
- Acquiring academic autonomy in order to increase the employability of the students.
- Assuring quality education by qualifying for NBA Accreditation / ISO Certification.
- Creating institutionalized linkages with industry.
- Closely associating with professional institutions / bodies.
- Responding to the changing trends of industries and the community.
- Intelligent use of Management Information Systems.
- Development of extension services like continuing education, consultancy, collaboration with other institutions / organizations etc.
- Developing avenues for resource generation and optimal use of existing facilities.
- Setting up a "CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE" in the emerging areas of engineering and technology.
- Enhancing student services, curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular and recreational activities.
- Continuous professional enrichment of staff members and emphasis on team effort, committed leadership etc.
- Promoting environmental awareness and initiatives.
- Trusting in higher, ethical moral values and creating an environment of accessibility and equity.
The College offers full time and sandwich diploma programmes in specific areas of Engineering and Technology to male and female candidates selected according to the norms set by the State Government. The Polytechnic College is to follow the curriculum and evaluation system developed by the State Board of Technical Education, Chennai.
The institution is aided by the State Government and is to fulfill all the Government rules and regulations. It is administered by a Governing Council and is maintained by the Rajah Muthiah Chettiar Charitable and Educational Trust.
The institute is permitted to offer skill development courses to the rural folk under the Community Development Through Polytechnics (CDTP) Scheme, sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. It is also permitted to offer continuing and non-formal education programmes and courses for the community at large under the CIICP replication initiative. The institute aims to uplift the community through appropriate education and training.