This Scheme is launched with a view to encourage students in AICTE approved polytechnics and degree technical institutions to consider self employment as a career option, provide training in Entrepreneurship through modular courses and increase the relevance of Management particularly in the non-corporate and under managed sectors.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through formal and non-formal programmes.
- To introduce the concept of entrepreneurship in curricula at diploma and degree levels.
- To develop management personnel at appropriate levels for the non-corporate and unorganized sectors like education, rural development, small-scale industry etc.
- To utilize the infrastructure facilities and technically trained manpower for the development of non-corporate and unorganized sectors.
- To promote employment opportunities.
Under this scheme, Skill development programme on CNC Lathe programming and operation was conducted. Mr.S.Sargunanathan, Lecturer(Selection Grade)/Mechanical is the Coordinator of this cell.